Huwebes, Nobyembre 24, 2011

My Most Awaited Moment

When “ber- months” come, I get so excited. Because it means New Year is just around the corner.

I’m in the happiest mood when New Year comes. This is the time when my family gets together. We stay up late at night to wait for 12 midnight. We make ourselves busy with different kinds of activities. We watch television shows, sing karaoke, play games like stop dance, Pinoy Henyo, and bring me. We always had so much fun doing those things because there were lots of prizes that await the lucky winner. Prizes like Mickey Mouse coin purse, crisp new bills, pencil cases with cartoon characters and stylish pens.
Erika, my cousin and I always want to help in the kitchen by beating the eggs and mix them with condensed milk and evaporated milk to make super creamy and super delicious leche flan. We grate cheddar cheese for yummy spaghetti. We can’t help but giggle whenever we take milk from the can while our Tita Mom isn’t looking. By 11:30, everybody helps in setting the table. We arrange different kinds of fruits like banana, oranges, apples, and grapes on a tray. We placed the plates of appetizing foods on a big dinner table. There were orange shrimps, roasted chicken, “hamunadong itik”, luscious Chocó Mousse cake, spaghetti, pickled squid, “pancit palabok” and others. And by 12, everything is set. We always start our New Year with a prayer to thank God for the year that has passed peacefully and to ask for His guidance for the coming year.

We shoot fireworks in the sky. What a dazzling thing. I thought I was just dreaming because of its beauty. We ate a lot because of too much fatigue. We were very happy while   the whole family is eating together, telling jokes and experiences with each other. At around 1:00 a.m., everyone went to bed with a smile. But we still managed to get up early because we know that Lola and Tito Eric had put coins on every corner of the house. We raced to get those coins because whoever gets the most will have a prize. I always end up being the 1st runner up and Erika is the winner because she gets up the earliest.
But whenever the last day of vacation comes, I feel so sad knowing they would be far from us again. And we will wait for another New Year to come. It is my most awaited occasion because my family unites.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento